Job Title: Minor League Strength and Conditioning Coach
Department: Baseball Operations
Reports To: Performance Specialists Coordinator
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Primary Objective: Implement individual player programs put in place by the performance department.
- Implement individual player programs by planning daily performance training, conditioning, and sprint and agility work in the gym and on-field; update player programs throughout the season
- Conduct movement prep and warm-ups before training sessions, batting practices, throwing programs, conditioning, and games
- Assist Athletic Trainer as needed with post-game rotator cuff routines, icing, and other activities in the training room
- Communicate daily with Athletic Trainers to modify programming per injury limitations/progressions
- Track physical activities and weight fluctuation of each player at the minor league level and report on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to the Performance Specialists Coordinator
- Advocate healthy eating and basic nutrition counsel for players; oversee and ensure quality of clubhouse snacks and meals
- Organize and maintain a clean weight room
Education and Experience:
- CSCS certification; RSCC required as well for any position at AA level and above
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Must be a committed professional, with strong analytic focus.
- Ability to relate to athletes and generate program buy-in
- Shall demonstrate the ability to be innovative and proactive in promoting new ideas and concepts.
- Shall possess strong decision making ability, knowing when to make a unilateral decision and when to consult with the team or superiors, and how to involve them in the process.
- Shall incorporate strategic thinking; formulating objectives and priorities, and implementing plans consistent with short and long term interests. Capitalizing on opportunities and managing risks.
- Exemplifies a collaborative approach in dealing with management, team members, and vendors.
- Must possess outstanding communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Must also be clear and organized, persuasive, yet inclusive.
- Acts in a manner that is fair and ethical, and always with integrity.
- Must possess computer proficiency with email, MS Word and Excel.
Physical Activities and Working Conditions:
- Maximum lifting of up to 100 pounds with frequent lifting of weights up to 50 pounds; typically standing and walking for the majority of the day
Qualified and interested applicants can apply with the following link: