Los Angeles Dodgers – Triple A Performance Coach Job Description
POSITION: Triple-A Performance Coach
REPORTS TO: MiLB Strength & Conditioning Coordinator and Director of Athletic Development and Performance Science
DEPARTMENT: Player Development – Strength & Conditioning
- Assist with the following:
- MiLB and ML Spring Training
- Oversee performance department guidelines and standards at the triple-A level
- Assist with Fall Instructional League
- Contribute with off-season training at Dodger locations (i.e. Los Angeles, Phoenix, Dominican Republic).
- Implement the Dodger performance protocols. These include:
- Performance nutrition
- Implement and coach the organizations strength and conditioning program to all players.
- Assist in administering triple-A programs.
- Frequently research and educate new advances in the field of strength and conditioning.
- Aggressively challenge new ideas in performance training to find a fit in baseball.
- Aid the players to help reach their individual goals.
- Actively research new strength and conditioning methodologies and develop new ideas.
- Monitor and implement the strength and conditioning program during the season.
- Oversees affiliate performance nutrition standards and strategies (i.e. menu creation, daily set-up, accounts payable, etc.).
- Aid in recovery protocols when appropriate.
- To be determined by MiLB S&C Coordinator depending on candidate’s education and/or experience level.
- Great communication skills amongst minor league staff, piers and advisors.
- Knowledge in the field of Sports Performance (i.e. Kinesiology, Biomechanics, Sports Nutrition, Exercise Physiology)
- Great understanding of the physical demands for the baseball athlete.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a sports performance field.
- Communication or Business Administration background a plus.
- High maturity level
- Positive attitude
- Great knowledge of the field
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
- BS – Exercise Science related field
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach (RSCC)
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS)
- On Base University
Must be in good standing with RSCC certification
Applicants please send cover letter, resume, and references (one document preferably) to:
Brain Stoneberg – MiLB Strength and Conditioning Coordinator – email@example.com and Carl Kochan – Latin America Strength and Conditioning Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org