Kyle Lindsey is in his third year with the Atlanta Braves organization, having served as the strength and conditioning coach for the Danville Braves in 2018 and the Gulf Coast League Braves in 2019. Before joining the Braves, Lindsey was an intern for Texas Christian University (2017-2018) and the University of Alabama at Birmingham (2016-2017) and worked primarily with the schools’ baseball, beach, and indoor volleyball programs. He is an alumnus of Auburn University with his bachelor’s degree in psychology (2012) and a master’s degree in exercise science (2015) with a specialization in biomechanics and a minor in sport management. As a graduate student, he assisted faculty and doctoral candidates with their research in sports biomechanics and motor performance. Lindsey is a native of Texas and resides in the Dallas area during the off-season.
Topics covered in this episode:
- His best professional baseball story
- Being named GCL Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year (2019)
- “I want my players to see that I’m willing to do what I ask them to do on a daily basis” (11:15)
- “I’ve always made an effort to get to know my players on a personal level” (13:29)
- “The sooner that you can get experience the better” (20:13)
If you would like to learn more from Kyle, you can follow him on social media: