This episode of The PBSCCS Podcast is a group discussion on assessment protocols.
- Trevor Swartz (Colorado Rockies organization)
- Joe Hudson (Boston Red Sox organization)
- Goldy Simmons (Chicago White Sox organization)
Questions/topics covered in this episode:
- Do you believe in “baseball-specific” assessments, or do you think creating a “general profile” is sufficient enough?
- Training athletes in the professional setting vs. the private setting
- “I think there’s a lot to be learned from doing general things that can basically give you the information you need about the baseball-specific demands” – Goldy Simmons (1:43)
- “The goal is for you to go play at 7:00pm” – Trevor Swartz (19:13)
- “Things are dictated very often by the season and also by the goals and the outcomes” – Joe Hudson (21:42)
If you would like to learn more from the guests on this episode, you can follow them on social media: