This episode of The PBSCCS Podcast is a group discussion on the role of mental skills in professional baseball.
- Dong Lien (Philadelphia Phillies organization)
- Joey Greany (Tampa Bay Rays organization)
- Derek Mendoza (Seattle Mariners organization)
Questions/topics covered in this episode:
- How valuable is the mental side of the game?
- What aspects of mental training do you believe in most?
- How do you tie-in mental skills training with the other aspects of an overall approach to performance?
- Where to go to learn more about mental skills training
- “We’re teachers. We’re coaches. We have a chance to impact athletes’ lives each and every day” – Joey Greany (3:32)
- “It’s not what happens to you; it’s about how you handle it” – Derek Mendoza (17:43)
- “Our job is never-ending. You never really punch out. You never leave” – Dong Lien (21:50)
If you would like to learn more from the guests on this episode, you can follow them on social media:
- @joeygreany – Joey Greany
- @findyourprime – Derek Mendoza
- @donglien – Dong Lien
- @JoeyGreany – Joey Greany
- @DongLien – Dong Lien
Leave a Reply