ORGANIZATION: COLORADO ROCKIES
JOB TITLE: FULL TIME MINOR LEAGUE PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE COACH – UPPER LEVEL
This position is based in Scottsdale, Arizona and is responsible for implementing all aspects of the Colorado Rockies Physical Performance program, as outlined below. During the Minor League Championship Season, this position will be located at an upper level affiliate (AAA or AA). It is a salaried and benefited full time position.
- Lead or assist in organized team warm-up, mobility/flexibility work, and speed/agility/skill work.
- Lead athletes through weight training sessions.
- Educate and hold athletes accountable to their training programs, nutritional needs, and sleep habits.
- Assist Major League Staff and the Minor League Coordinator with performance testing.
- Full comprehension and execution of the Colorado Rockies performance software system.
- Understand and enforce MLB’s supplement policy.
- Maintain upkeep and cleanliness of Training Center.
- Lead or assist in organizing pre and post-game meals at affiliate
- Communicate effectively with the Minor League Coordinator, affiliate Manager, Coaches, and Athletic Trainer.
- Assist Athletic Trainers with rehab programs.
- Communicate with athletes throughout the off-season as it relates to their training programs, nutritional needs, and sleep habits.
- Assist with off-season programs in Scottsdale and the Dominican Republic.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in an Exercise Science-related field
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach through the NSCA
- Preferred but not required: Master’s degree in an Exercise Science-related field, fluency in Spanish, baseball background.
- Preferred minimum of 2 years of experience working in the field of Strength and Conditioning, Exercise Science, or Physical Performance
- Responsible individual with a consistent work ethic
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to work well with others, lead and manage people, and communicate with others in the industry
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Operational position with a heavy emphasis on manual labor – physical requirements must be met
- Occasional travel may be required
- Professional image and demeanor
- Consistent, punctual, and regular attendance to include the following schedule:
o Spring Training: Monday – Sunday
o Affiliate in-season: Monday – Sunday
o Fall Development Program: Monday – Sunday
o All other times including off-season: Monday – Friday, must be available during evening and weekends, as needed.
JOB LOCATION: SCOTTSDALE, AZ & ASSIGNED MINOR LEAGUE AFFILIATE
JOB DURATION: FULL TIME, BENEFITED POSITION
SALARY/STIPEND/ETC.: TO BE DISCUSSED / MEAL MONEY, TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT, AND LIVING STIPEND INCLUDED
APPLY TO: GABE BAUER, Director of Physical Performance – email@example.com