Job Title: Massage Therapist
Job Class: Full Time
Department: Baseball Operations
Reports To: Head Athletic Trainer
Summary As a licensed massage therapist, this individual, through their specific manual therapy techniques, will assist in the preventative and restorative soft tissue management of players and staff during the Major-League season and championship season. This person will also assist the head athletic trainer in rehabilitation of injuries of players and staff.
- Perform quality massage therapy sessions as indicated by the medical staff and players.
- Meet individual needs keeping in mind the health, well-being and performance of players and staff.
- Promote the health and wellness benefits to players and staff receiving massage regularly.
- Create excellent experience for players and staff with a friendly and helpful attitude.
- Help maintain professionalism and cleanliness of therapy rooms and common areas.
- Guide players and staff through the types of massages that would benefit them most
- Will complete documentation of all care provided to players and staff and submit to the head athletic trainer.
- Design sessions around players and staff specific complaints or problem areas.
- Listen to players and staff during massages and adjust technique to meet their needs.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of treatment programs and practices to ensure continued high-quality care based on current available literature and relevant educational seminars.
- Maintain a working relationship with players and staff and network of health care professionals for the major-league club.
- Must have or be eligible to apply for Pennsylvania Massage Therapist Licensure
- Must adhere to local and state licensing laws and regulations
- Must carry personal liability insurance
- Must pass background check
- Must have knowledge of several massage techniques including but not limited to sports massage, Swedish massage, deep tissue massage, reflexology, etc.
- Excellent Customer Service
- Ability to communicate effectively with players and staff
- Understands and believes in the healing benefits of massage therapy and bodywork
Any inquires can be sent Scott Sheridan, Head Athletic Trainer email@example.com.