Job Title: Head Strength & Conditioning Coordinator
Organization: Baltimore Orioles
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
The Baltimore Orioles are seeking a qualified full-time strength and conditioning coordinator for the 2020 season. The position will oversee the creation and implementation of strength, preparation, physical assessment, and accountability protocols throughout the player development chain. A successful candidate needs to be an experienced leader with a strong work ethic and a growth mindset. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and hire Strength & Conditioning staff
- Contribute expertise and insights as an integral member of the Performance Team
- Develop and implement global strength & conditioning protocols and systems
- Communicate with affiliate strength staff and help facilitate the delivery of programs and training protocol
- Design and implement strength training, power development and metabolic conditioning principles including warm-up, cool down, recovery protocols
- Ability to administer functional screens, strength and power tests, report findings, and communicate with technical coaches, medical and strength team
- Ability to analyze multiple forms of data – connecting technology with the human elements of coaching
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills and a growth mindset
- Candidates will have experience working as a strength coach at the collegiate, international and/or professional level. Experience in baseball is an asset but is not a requirement.
- Maintain a desire to stay up to date on the latest performance training techniques and technologies, looking both inside and outside of the baseball community
NSCA-CSCS Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
NSCA-RSCC Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach
Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or Related Field
CPR/AED/First Aid Certified
Experience coaching in team training setting
Experience with Excel Spreadsheet
Spanish skills a plus
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
The Baltimore Orioles Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, follow the link below and find correct job description.