Organization: Houston Astros
Job Title: Dominican Summer League Strength and Conditioning Coach
Job Description: The Dominican Summer League strength and conditioning coach will be tasked with implementing the program as prescribed by the minor league strength and conditioning coordinator. They will perform dynamic warms ups, lead educational sessions, weight lifting sessions, conditioning and assessments throughout the 2018 season.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist through the NSCA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or related field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- First Aid/CPR Certified
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the field of strength and conditioning (internships count)
- Has a strong desire to work in professional baseball long term.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Has a passion for teaching and for the development of high school age athletes.
- Has an interest in learning more about the Dominican culture for the purpose of becoming a well-equipped professional baseball strength and conditioning coach.
- Has experience in both training and designing programs in a team sport setting.
- Has a strong background in both coaching and completing complex lifts.
Location: Guerra, Dominican Republic
Compensation: TBD, based on experience
Housing: TBD, both on site and off site options are available
Living: Breakfast and lunch are provided Monday through Saturday
Candidates should send their resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com
In addition to the cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- Specifically why do you want to work in the field of baseball strength and conditioning?
- What is your philosophy on what makes an organization or program successful?
- Specifically why do you want to work for the Houston Astros?
- What or who has been your biggest influence in life and why?