The San Francisco Giants have a Full-Time Minor League Strength and Conditioning Coach position available for the 2020 season. The coach will serve as an assistant to the Latin American Strength & Conditioning Coordinator at our Dominican Republic Academy.
The duration of the position is January 1st – December 31st, 2020 with the possibility for future advancement within the organization. The coach will report to Scottsdale, AZ to learn our program, assist in camps (Arizona and Dominican Republic) and Spring Training. The coach will then report to Boca Chica, Dominican Republic to assist in DSL Spring Training, Dominican Summer League Season, and all Fall/Winter Camps.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prescribe and teach individualized physical development program based on athletes ongoing physical assessments throughout the year.
- The implementation and teaching of organization’s strength and conditioning program.
- Organize and plan daily S&C activities while coordinating with other members of the staff.
- Collaborate with affiliate coaching staff to identify and act on solutions related to physical limitations for specific skills.
- Communicate plans, goals and progress with players and relevant staff members at specific times of the year.
- Daily dynamic warm-up, mobility, and movement preparation programs to prepare the athletes for upcoming training sessions.
- Individualized weight lifting programs that are science based and research driven to improve on-field health and performance.
- Implementation of daily conditioning protocols to maximize on-field health and performance.
- Competency analyzing skill specific biomechanics related to baseball and ability to program to address individual needs to optimize performance.
- Assist other medical staff when able and necessary with normal day to day operations.
- Facilitation of Sports Science program:
- Knowledge, experience and willingness to learn and utilize various technologies (wearable and non-wearable).
- Ability to interpret data, educate players & staff and collaborate to make adjustments as needed to individualize daily plans.
- Generation of various reports.
- Collaboration with all members of player development as part of a holistic developmental approach:
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of sprinting, pitching/throwing, and hitting biomechanics.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of key nutrition and supplement concepts to help educate players.
- Ability to analyze player’s performance deficiencies through the utilization of various tools, reports, and technology.
Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or related field required
Masters degree preferred
Minimum of 1-3 years Professional or College Level Experience Required
NSCA – CSCS
Bilingual – (Spanish) preferred
Strong interest in player and athletic development
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office and willingness to learn how to utilize analytics platforms
Professional or college playing experience is a plus
Previous coaching experience is a plus
Desire to continue to learn and develop both professionally and as a team member
Email cover letter, resume, and 3 references in ONE document to Sergio Rojas (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Full-time position includes competitive salary plus benefits.
The SF Giants are looking to fill this position ASAP.