ORGANIZATION: Los Angeles Dodgers
POSITION: MiLB Performance Coach (Arizona League)
REPORTS TO: MiLB Strength and Conditioning Coordinator & MiLB Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Performance Department
Brian Stoneberg – MiLB Strength and Conditioning Coordinator: BStoneberg@ladodgers.com
Eric Yavarone – MiLB Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coordinator: EricY@ladodgers.com
Carl Kochan – Latin America Strength & Conditioning Coordinator: CarlK@ladodgers.com
Provide a positive learning environment that fosters personal and team development for the players and coaches. Our focus lies in the areas of physical performance related to baseball. This includes, but not limited to players’ individual biomechanics, strength training, mobility, stability, conditioning, performance nutrition and/or recovery methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Testing and evaluating players in different movement patterns to help develop a needs analysis on players.
- Weight room progressions related to pitching or hitting needs, running mechanics, mobility and/or stability deficits, as well as, conditioning.
- Correlating sports science and performance testing data to a player’s specific movement patterns.
- Leading team stretches, weight training sessions, as well as, teaching recovery modalities.
- Knowledge in performance nutrition and the NSF certified for Sport program.
- Assist players in performance nutrition strategies when necessary.
- Constructing and coordinating in-season and off-season programs specific to each individual players’ needs and goals.
- Providing various reports in-season and off-season pertaining to specific athlete’s Dodger profile.
- Communicating effectively with all staff members.
- Work closely with the medical staff on return to play progressions when necessary.
- Integrity, relentless positivity and motivation for players, staff and coaches.
- Communicating with all people involved with our baseball operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of the physical demands for professional baseball athletes.
- Proficient with knowledge in the field of sports performance such as: exercise physiology, kinesiology, performance nutrition and biomechanics.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science related field
- Experience with sports science initiatives (workload monitoring, recovery, nutrition, sleep etc.).
- Knowledge of hitting and pitching movement/skill acquisition.
- Baseball related experience.
- Bi-lingual – Spanish.