ORGANIZATION: Chicago Cubs
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Chicago Cubs are seeking a qualified and passionate Strength and Conditioning Coach for the 2018 season:
- The position will be assigned to one of our minor league affiliates during the 2018 season w/ possibility of future advancement.
- The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
o Implementation of the Chicago Cubs Strength & Conditioning Program.
o Be an active member of the Player Development Strength and Conditioning Staff and participate in continuing education opportunities and promote a culture of progressive learning.
o Detect dysfunctional movement patterns and design and implement individualized corrective exercise programs to address these dysfunctions.
o Organizing and supervising in-season individual player programs (e.g.- prep, mobility, strength training, conditioning, recovery).
o Administer emergency care utilizing appropriate OSHA guidelines and make medical referrals, if necessary.
o Comply with and establish a line of communication between the professional athlete, manager, coaching staff, Major and Minor League Medical Staff.
o Facilitate team travel needs with the Athletic Trainer and Video Personnel including, but not limited to: itineraries, rooming lists, meal money and petty cash.
o Assist affiliate Athletic Trainer with individual player travel from affiliate to affiliate for player moves and rehab assignments.
o Identify Sports Science tools to improve player performance and assist the Assistant Director of Minor League Operations to implement protocols and aid in data collection for these programs.
o Assist affiliate registered dietitian with the Chicago Cubs Nutrition Program. Approve nightly meals thru chrome river and facilitate meal delivery on the road where applicable.
o To supervise all visits to health clubs used by designated Minor League affiliate players.
o To report to Minor League Strength and Conditioning Coordinator throughout the season through required daily log input, daily email summary, monthly player reports, and bi-weekly player weigh-ins.
o Promote MLB policies regarding Banned and Approved Supplements via communicating and posting up to date MLB banned substances and MLB/ NSF approved product list.
o To monitor and upkeep inventory of Strength and Conditioning equipment at designated minor league affiliate.
o To assist Minor League Strength and Conditioning Coordinator with monitoring off-season Strength and Conditioning programs of minor league players through telephone calls and off-season APP monitoring.
o Complete end of season Drug Free Sport paperwork and contact information with the players.
o Participation in off-season Strength & Conditioning Camps
– Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science/Strength & Conditioning or a related field.
– CSCS and RSCC certifications through the NSCA
– Minimum 2-3 years experience in a Strength & Conditioning Program in Professional Baseball or Collegiate setting.
– First Aid/CPR/AED certifications
– Maintain professional liability insurance.
– A check of criminal conviction records and the passing of a drug screening are required for employment in this position.
– Master’s Degree in Exercise Science/Strength & Conditioning or a related field.
– Bilingual (Spanish)
– Experience with FMS/SFMA screening
– Experience with PRI
– Experience with manual therapy
– Mesa, AZ and Minor League affiliate city (in-season)
– Full-Time w/ benefits
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Minor League Strength & Conditioning Coordinator
Head Minor League Athletic Training and Performance Coordinator