Company: Boras Sports Training Institute
Position Open: Strength and Conditioning Coach
Position Details: Full-time
The Boras Sports Training Institute is looking to hire a strength and conditioning coach to work with our professional baseball clients. This professional will participate in program design within the framework of the Boras Sports Training philosophy and utilize our state-of-the-art systems to deliver the highest quality of training.
This coach will report to Executive Director, Steve Odgers, CSCS, and will work from our facility on the campus of Soka University in Aliso Viejo, CA.
- Possess a high level of professionalism
- Baseball training experience as a coach with a MLB organization is required
- NSCA Certification (CSCS) is required, additional certifications are beneficial
- CPR/First Aid Certification is required.
- Experience and interest in the biomechanics of baseball.
- Experience with performance testing and assessment.
- An understanding of sports performance nutrition
- Bilingual in Spanish language is very beneficial
Desired Coaching Characteristics/Additional Requirements:
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Work cooperatively in a ‘Sports Performance Team’ setting
- Work with a flexible and constantly changing schedule (i.e. travel, meetings, etc)
- Dynamic personality and excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet the challenges of distance coaching
- Must be comfortable in a professional baseball setting and possess a desire to continue to learn about the game
- Must be comfortable with presenting information to prospective clients
- Familiarity with Apple and Google systems along with proficiency in using Microsoft office suite
Application acceptance begins immediately.
Please submit applications according to the following procedure:
E-mail to the attention of: Steve Odgers, CSCS, Executive Director, Boras Sports Training Institute, via the email of
BSTI Coordinator, Karen Lederman- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- Current Resume with References
– Reference letters are optional –