JOB TITLE: Strength & Conditioning Coach
DEPARTMENT: Player Development
JOB SUMMARY: The Baltimore Orioles are seeking a full-time Minor League Strength & Conditioning Coach for the 2020 Major League Baseball Championship season. This coach will be responsible for the implementation and supervision of the Baltimore Orioles strength & conditioning program at AAA Norfolk Tides located in Norfolk, VA
Primary duties to include, but not limited to the following:
– Overseeing the daily administration and management of the strength and conditioning program
– Supervision and instruction of weight training and conditioning program.
– Conduct functional warm up, stretch, and cool down sessions with team.
– Communicate with Strength & Conditioning Coordinator and Medical Coordinator.
– Communicate with team medical and on-field coaching staff.
– Well versed in functional movement screening techniques and corrective strategies
– Communicate and monitor players’ off-season strength and conditioning programs.
– Will work out of Twin Lakes Park in Sarasota, FL during spring training and instructional league.
– Will work out of Norfolk and travel with the Norfolk Tides during regular season.
– Required to assist with the coordination of team meals when on the road
– Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or related field
– NSCA-CSCS Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
– NSCA-RSCC Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach
– CPR/First Aid certified required
– Master’s Degree in Exercise Science or related field.
– Previous baseball experience.
– Bilingual (English & Spanish).
– The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT:
– The Baltimore Orioles Are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Baltimore Orioles to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, click link below