The Los Angeles Angels Player Development Department is seeking driven individuals to join our team. Applicants can come from any discipline or background as long as you have the curiosity, open-mindedness, and perseverance to take on difficult problems, and the passion to educate through building meaningful relationships with our players.
As a Minor League Strength and Conditioning Coach, you will be fully immersed in our department, collaborating with strength and conditioning coordinators, front office executives, members of other departments, and performing meaningful work from day one. Your work will be dynamic, challenging, and you will be given the opportunity and resources to learn, grow, and develop over the course of your coaching career.
Examples of essential responsibilities:
- Implement organizational strength and conditioning philosophy
- Contribute to high-performance model, including testing, training, and educating players
- Collaborate across departments, including (but not limited to): Sports Science, Hitting, Pitching, Defense, Performance Integration, Athletic Training, Quantitative Analysis, Mental Conditioning, and Video
- Heavy involvement in nutrition and athletic training aspects of player development
- Create, organize, and execute daily strength and conditioning plans based on organizational philosophies, while coordinating schedules and other day-to-day operational duties with members of field staff
- Monitor and communicate developmental progress and adjustments made to players through various check points
You should have:
- NSCA – CSCS Certification
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
- Ability to teach compound and Olympic lifts
- Interest in the latest trends and research in player development
- Creativity, strong attention to detail, and a growth mindset
- An evidence-based approach to coaching
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong ability to work with individuals from a variety of linguistic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Willingness and humility to both teach others and learn new techniques
Experience and skills that are not required but considered a plus:
- USA Weightlifting Certifications
- RSCC or RSCC Eligible
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of statistical computation software (SPSS, R)
- Basic biomechanical understanding of sprinting, hitting, and throwing
- Previous experience working with track and field athletes
- Examples of past research or analysis (in any field)
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 pounds
- Ability to be extremely active for periods of 4-5 hours at a time
- Ability walk on uneven surfaces
In addition to handling the essential functions of being a strength and conditioning coach, we desire counter-intuitive thinkers who will take initiative and explore new research opportunities. Previous coaches have introduced ideas that have changed the way the organization approaches strength and conditioning development and we hope you will bring the same mindset with you.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply at: https://www.teamworkonline.
The Angels believe that diversity contributes to a more enriched collective perspective and a better decision-making process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.