Nathan Friedman, CSCS, is a Minor League Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Arizona Diamondbacks. He is in his second season in professional baseball with the Dbacks. He has a BS in Kinesiology and MS in Sport and Exercise Psychology from Temple University. While enrolled at Temple, he worked six seasons with the Temple football team in various capacities including undergraduate student assistant, assistant video coordinator and strength and conditioning assistant.
Topics covered in this episode:
- His best professional baseball story
- Being a two-time MiLB Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year
- Networking and relationship building
- “They can tell when someone is really being themselves and putting themselves out there and when they’re just trying to put a show on” (8:29)
- I think all of us as a profession are pretty selfless individuals” (12:45)
- “I believe being an effective communicator is the most important tool a strength coach can have” (17:31)