Mark Spadavecchia is entering his second season as San Jose’s strength & conditioning coach and in the San Francisco Giants organization. Previously, Spadavecchia spent five seasons as a strength & conditioning coach in the Houston Astros organization. His tenure with the Astros included stints with Corpus Christi, Lancaster, Buies Creek, and Tri-City. Spadavecchia earned a B.S. in Exercise Science from Marquette University and a Masters in Sports Sciences from Florida State University. He is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS).
Topics covered in this episode:
- Being Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year
- Reflexive Performance Reset (RPR)
- Continuing Education
- “I’ve been very fortunate to have a lot of great bosses and coworkers” (2:44)
- “Help guys learn without over-teaching them at times” (4:35)
- “Practice Spanish” (8:29)