Logan Byman is currently in his fourth season in the Pittsburgh Pirates organization. He joined the Pirates after serving a 5-month internship at EXOS in 2014, and a 2-year graduate assistantship at the University of Florida from 2014-2016 covering football, soccer, gymnastics, and lacrosse while pursuing his Master’s Degree in Applied Physiology and Kinesiology: Human Performance.
He earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Sport Management from North Carolina State University in 2013 while participating as a member of the North Carolina State wrestling team. He became a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist through the National Strength and Conditioning Association in 2014. He earned his Strength and Conditioning Coach Certification from the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coach’s association in 2015.
He was born in Raleigh, NC and currently resides in Bradenton, FL.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Being Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year
- Developing as a coach
- Speed and unilateral training
- “At the end of the day the athletes we work with don’t want to be the best lifter – they want to be the best baseball player” (7:15)
- “How does what you’re doing help them on the field?” (7:23)
- “Be absolutely amazing at the basics” (18:54)
If you would like to learn more from Logan, you can follow him on social media: