Jeff Dolan is entering his first year in the Boston Red Sox organization. Prior to joining the Red Sox he spent one season with the Phoenix Suns as assistant strength and conditioning coach after spending nearly two years as assistant strength and conditioning coach at the University of Illinois where he oversaw the physical preparation of the baseball and women’s soccer teams. With the Suns, Dolan’s primary role included assisting with all day-to-day weight room operations along with assisting in the delivery of the Suns’ strength and conditioning training sessions.
He previously worked as a minor league strength and conditioning coach in the New York Yankees organization, earning the 2017 South Atlantic League Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year award while with the Charleston RiverDogs after winning the 2016 Appalachian League Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year award with the Pulaski Yankees.
A native of Rochester, NY, Dolan holds a Master’s in Exercise Science from the University of South Florida and Bachelor’s degrees in Exercise Physiology and Kinesiology from SUNY Brockport. He is a certified strength and conditioning specialist (CSCS).
Topics covered in this episode:
- Jeff returning to work in professional baseball
- His new isometric training course
- The process of building your own system
- “What I have found is that isometric training – I think it’s one of the most efficient methods of training you can use” (18:56)
- “Everything is in Supertraining” (25:27)
- “It’s not how much force you can produce, it’s how much force you can produce in a limited amount of time that’s going to determine how you perform” (32:07)
If you would like to learn more from Jeff, you can check out his course below:
https://linktr.ee/Jdolan787 (Use code “PBSCCS” for discount)
Or you can follow him on social media:
Additionally thank you to all our All-Star sponsors of The PBSCCS Podcast:
- Oura Ring
- Garden of Life
- Direct Fitness Solutions
- Klean Athlete
Leave a Reply