Jason Meredith is in his second season with the Milwaukee Brewers after joining the organization in November 2016.
Prior to working with the Brewers, he spent seven seasons in the Philadelphia Phillies organization, most recently as minor-league strength and conditioning coordinator (2014-16). He was the strength and conditioning coach at Triple-A Lehigh Valley (2011-13) and served an internship at Double-A Reading in 2009.
In 2010, Meredith worked as the strength and conditioning coach at Double-A Trenton in the Yankees organization.
Meredith earned his bachelor’s degree from Iowa State University in exercise and sports science – athletic training in 2005 and received his master’s degree in applied physiology and kinesiology from the University of Florida in 2007. While in college, he spent the 2004 summer as an athletic training intern with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Jason and his wife, Christina, reside in Chandler, Arizona with their two children, daughter, Isabella, and son, Alexander.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Best professional baseball story -Off-season strength coaches
- Continuing education resources Quotes:
- “Sometimes strong enough is strong enough, and anything extra is just extra” (4:14)
- “A mediocre program done consistently is better than a perfect program done inconsistently” (6:17)
- “Coach where you can coach” (8:15)
If you would like to learn more from Jason, you can read about him on the PBSCCS website: http://baseballstrength.org/jason-meredith-cscs-rscc-milwaukee-brewers/ or by following him on social media: