Jarret Abell enters his first season as the Royals’ Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coordinator, after serving as the Strength & Conditioning Coach with Northwest Arkansas (2017-2018), Wilmington (2016), Lexington (2015) and Idaho Falls (2014).
He received his Master’s degree in Exercise Science from Wichita State University in 2013, where he worked with four women’s Olympic sports teams, baseball, and basketball. Shortly after that, he worked with the TCU football, baseball, and basketball teams off-season strength & conditioning before joining EXOS in Gulf Breeze, FL and then, EXOS in Phoenix, AZ as a performance specialist. Jarret played collegiate football at Butler Community College & Bethel College and now resides in Phoenix, with his wife, Ashley, and daughters, Avery and Zoe.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Being Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year
- Training pitchers
- Using continuing education as an investment
- “Do basic things savagely well” (6:04)
- “I like to think of things in movement patterns opposed to exercises” (9:16)
- “Pitchers are truly athletes…we have to train them like the elite athletes they are” (10:28)
If you would like to learn more from Jarret, you can follow him on social media: