James McCallie just completed his 7th season as a Strength and Conditioning Coach with the Tampa Bay Rays organization. James has spent the past 3 seasons at Class Low A Bowling Green of the Midwest League. Over the past 7 seasons, he has also been assigned to High A Port Charlotte and GCL. James graduated from the University of Alabama at Birmingham with a B.S. in Exercise Science. He holds his CSCS and RSCC through the National Strength and Conditioning Association as well as his USAW Level 1 through USA Weightlifting. James resides in Gallatin, Tennessee with his wife Ashley and son Hudson.
Topics covered in this episode:
- His best professional baseball story
- Olympic Lifting -Relationship Building
- “I try to learn from everybody I meet” (3:50)
- “I think the biggest thing that makes you successful is getting players to buy-in” (5:51)
- “Our profession is very broad” (10:46)
If you would like to learn more from James, you can follow him on social media: