Ian Kadish is a native of Cincinnati, Ohio and a 2011 graduate of Marshall University. He played three seasons in the Toronto Blue Jays minor league organization.
In 2014, he did an internship with The Ohio State University football strength and conditioning program under Mickey Marotti. Ian was a strength coach at Performance Compound overseeing all baseball strength and conditioning in 2015 before being hired by the Miami Marlins prior to the 2016 season. Ian spent 2016 and 2017 in the Miami Marlins organization before being hired by the Minnesota Twins in December 2017 and serving in his current role as Minor League Strength and Conditioning Coordinator.
He is certified through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) and has his Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) certification as well as being a Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach (RSCC). He is also certified with Functional Movement Systems and has his Functional Movement Screen (FMS) certification as well as his Precision Nutrition Level 1, Certificate of Exercise Nutrition (PN1). Ian is the proud husband to Emily Kadish and proud father of Knox Kadish (2).
Topics covered in this episode:
- Ian’s journey to becoming a coordinator
- Programming systems and beliefs
- Continuing education and networking advice Quotes:
- “Our number one job is to keep guys healthy and on the field” (8:44)
- “I think communication is the biggest thing” (16:37)
- “The game is changing at a rapid pace, and I think we need to evolve with it” (25:20)
If you would like to learn more from Ian, you can follow him on social media: