Brian Buck is a former St. Louis Cardinals draft pick now going on his 8th year in Physical Performance. Brian currently serves as a Performance Analyst at Sparta Science, but had previous stops as a Strength Coach in the MLB and the Boras Sports Training Institute. Brian is a native of Portland, OR and now resides in San Francisco, CA.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Sparta Science -Brian’s best professional baseball story
- Thoughts on lifting and conditioning in-season Quotes:
- “Transparency can be so big for buy-in with athletes” (11:53)
- “It’s just having a plan and executing based off what you think is right” (25:54)
- “At the end of the day have the best interest of the player in mind” (34:06)
If you would like to learn more from Brian, you can check out some of his blog posts on the Sparta Science website: https://spartascience.com/resources or by following him on social media: