Adam Vish is entering his 10th year in professional baseball, and his first season at the Major League level as a Strength & Conditioning Coach with the Pittsburgh Pirates. He has previously spent the last eight seasons in the San Francisco Giants organization, working most recently in Player Development as the Minor League Strength & Conditioning Coordinator for the last two years after serving as the Assistant Minor League Strength & Conditioning Coordinator in 2018.
Prior to joining the Giants in 2013, Vish spent time in the Kansas City Royals minor league system as a strength and conditioning coach in 2011 and 2012. He’s a two time PBSCCS Strength & Conditioning Coach of the year recipient, capturing the AA Eastern League in 2015 while working with the Richmond Flying Squirrels; as well as in 2012 while with the Wilmington Blue Rocks of the Carolina League.
The 33-year-old Vish is a 2010 graduate from the University of Pittsburgh, where he earned his B.S. in Exercise Science (2009) and his M.S. in Exercise and Human Physiology (2010). Vish also holds his RSCC and CSCS certifications from the NSCA.
A native of Sewickley, PA, Vish currently resides in Cranberry, PA, with his wife, Nola, son Grayson and daughter Aryana.
Topics covered in this episode:
- His upcoming PBSCCS and CPSDA webinar presentation
- Working in the Appalachian League
- “I think that we can have an impact not just on how they play, but how they are mentally” (21:47)
- “A lot of things come back to the weight room and the training room” (32:06)
- “Whether it’s something that you haven’t thought about in a while or a new idea I think that you can always be learning” (45:57)
If you would like to learn more from Adam you can follow him on social media:
If you would like to sign-up for the webinar, follow the link below: http://baseballstrength.org/pbsccs-events/