Adam Smith is in his fifth year within the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim organization and is in his second year as their AAA strength and conditioning coach. Prior to his time with the Angels, he completed an NSCA Assistantship at Eastern Michigan University and completed internships at the NSCA, Syracuse University, and Binghamton University. Adam graduated from SUNY Cortland with a bachelors in kinesiology and holds his CSCS and RSCC through the NSCA, as well as his USAW1 through USA Weightlifting.
Topics covered in this episode:
- His best professional baseball story
- Building a quality environment
- “I think environment is probably hands-down the single most important aspect of any strength and conditioning program” (5:09)
- “Figure out who is where you want to be and go learn from them” (11:11)
- “One of my little tricks is just get around people who are smarter than me as frequently as possible” (13:07)
If you would like to learn more from Adam, you can follow him on social media: