Organization: Houston Astros Baseball Club
Job Title: Strength and Conditioning Complex Intern
Job Description: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Assist Head Strength and Conditioning Coordinator and Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coordinator as needed with departmental projects, Assist Gulf Coast League team on a daily basis and substitute as GCL Strength Coach, Assist with the implementation of S&C programs for players doing rehab, Daily upkeep and maintenance of the weight room, Complete various assignments given by Head Strength and Conditioning Coordinator and Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coordinator designed to foster professional development as a S&C Coach.
Duties / Various Responsibilities:
- Open weight room at designated times daily.
- Daily cleaning, upkeep, and organization of weight room and accessories. This includes, but is not limited to, cleaning cardiovascular equipment and free weights, following equipment maintenance protocols, sweeping floors, as well as restocking supplements, water, cups, towels, and organizing workouts.
- Inventory of all S&C supplements and equipment as needed.
- In charge of all mailing shipments to and from the S&C department.
- Enforce compliance of weight room rules, including emergency procedures.
- Assist with the development and administration of strength and conditioning program.
- Implement rehab and reconditioning programs with Minor League players when needed.
- Assist with the assessment, testing and monitoring of all athletes as needed.
- Research exercises, machines, supplements, and health related topics.
- Assist in maintaining S&C department database on computer.
- Assist in implementation of new sports science initiatives.
- Strong desire and passion for Strength and Conditioning and the sport of baseball
- Strong work ethic
- NSCA – CSCS Preferred
- CPR/AED preferred
- Bilingual – (Spanish) preferred
JOB LOCATION: West Palm Beach, FL (Spring Training Complex)
JOB DURATION: June 10th – August 31st, 2018
APPLY TO: Email cover letter, Resume, and 3 references to Taylor Rhoades (firstname.lastname@example.org)