This episode of The PBSCCS Podcast is a group discussion on being a first year strength and conditioning coach in the Major Leagues. This is Part Two of a two-part interview.
- Al Sandoval (Texas Rangers organization)
- Adam Vish (Pittsburgh Pirates organization)
Questions/topics covered in this episode:
- Things that may have been unexpected and/or different in the Big Leagues
- Is there anything that you wish you would have known ahead of time?
- Closing thoughts
- “I didn’t realize how magnified everything was” – Al Sandoval (2:23)
- “We’re just like players; once we are at this level there’s one way out. If you can’t do your job you’re out” – Al Sandoval (11:35)
- “Don’t think you’re gonna springboard there overnight” – Adam Vish (12:37)
- “As a young coach take it in and get those learning opportunities and really enjoy where you’re at” – Adam Vish (18:18)
If you would like to learn more from the guests on this episode, you can follow them on social media: