Organization: Toronto Blue Jays
MiL STRENGTH & CONDITIONING COORDINATOR (Dunedin, FL)
- NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and Registered Strength and Conditioning Coach (RSCC)
- Masters or BS degree in Exercise Science or related studies
- Minimum Three years Strength and Conditioning Experience in Professional Baseball or equivalent level.
- Experience with return to play training objectives
- Bilingual Spanish Skills preferred
- Overall Objective:
- Provides leadership and management of all affiliate S&C coaches, in addition to supporting the MiL Rehabilitation Coordinator to best facilitate the identified rehabilitation process for a player using a sport science based program.
- Oversees all minor S&C coaches, insures consistency of process in the affiliates, training methods and reporting throughout the organization.
- Provides a quality assurance mechanism to the delivery of S&C process throughout the MiL structure.
- Lead rehabilitation reconditioning and return to play progressions in Dunedin, in collaboration with Head PT, Head S&C, MiL rehab coordinator and MiL ATC coordinator.
- In conjunction with the head of S&C, manages all off-season training programs (non-40 man).
- Integrates all areas of the high performance team in players training programs.
- Communicates the agreed reporting process across the required organizational communication pathway.
- Maintains detailed and diligent player training records.
- Assists in providing training programs and overseeing non-40 man players in off-season.
- Deliver of sport science athlete monitoring program across all affiliates.
- Develop, implement and monitor individual player preparation and recovery routines based on individualized data.
- Staff education/ development across all affiliates.
- Tracks inventory and orders supplies.
Professional / Personal Values
– Strong Collaboration and interdisciplinary mindset placing players at the center of the focus of HP staff, PD, ML, and front office.
– Desire to continue to Learn and develop self as well as team members while effectively seeking and giving feedback.
– Ability to Empower other staff members while always taking accountability.
– Achieve high levels of quality work via working through rigorous process and preparation and execution of tasks.
– Strong demonstration of Respect for staff, players, professional baseball, and the organization.
Please send cover letter, resume, and at least three professional references to:
Head of Strength and Conditioning
Head Major League Strength Coach